So…deciding on having a website for your business is a big step, an even bigger one is actually getting it done. There are so many questions to be answered and it can all become a bit overwhelming, well here I have created a list of all the information I would need from you, were you to enlist my services to create your amazing new website.
My aim is to make it as stress free as possible for you, I want you to have an awesome time creating your website and love it when it is done.😀
Website Design… So here we go:
- Obviously the first one is your name and contact details so I can show you the site in progress and get your feedback.
- What are you business contact details that will go on the website?
- Do you require an email address set up, if so what would you like it to be? i.e. info@ orders@ name@
- What is the primary purpose of your new site?
- What would you like to achieve, what is your end purpose for the visitor?
- Please tell me what call to actions you would like a user to take when they visit your site.
- Will your new website sell products and accept payments?
- Are there any additional features or capabilities that you would like your new site to have?
- Please tell me how many pages your new website will have, and what are those page called?
- Do you have someone that can help with content?
- Do you have ownership of all images for the site, or will you require stock photography? I can suggest some great free stock sites.
- Do you have any images you can send me for the purpose of the initial design stage?
- Will you be publishing a blog on the site?
- Are there any logo(s), and brand colours that you would like to incorporate, if so could you send them to me by email?
- Please provide 3 examples of websites you like.
- What social media channels do you currently use, and will you require these to be prominant on the website?
- What is your current domain name and where is your current site hosted? (if you have one)
- Will you need monthly maintenance and updates after launch? (check out the Care Plan section on www.anchoronline.co.uk)
- Please list the person who has final approval on all aspects of this project.
- Finally What is your ideal timeframe or launch date?
Trying to answer as much or as little as you could, would help to give me a better understanding of your website needs and help me create you a great site. Of course, there are no right or wrong answers and the last thing I want to do is overwhelm you.
I hope you feel a little more confident now about embarking on your website experience.