Today we are looking at Optimising your website.
Optimising your website is an important thing to do, it will make your site more user friendly. A clear, concise and easy to use site will keep your visitors coming back. A messy over crowded site with lots of different colour and fonts, will put people of, as they cannot see what they were searching for straight away, so they will move onto the next listing.
Here are 5 tips to help you Optimise your website:
- Make it mobile friendly – In 2016 views of webpages on mobile phones overtook desktops for the first time. A fully responsive website is ever increasingly important, many WordPress themes are fully responsive, if you are using one, have a look at the support for the theme and check that it’s mobile friendly. At Anchor Online we only ever use the best Fully Responsive WordPress Themes.
- Have a site map for your website – this makes it easier for google to index your site, if you are stuck and don’t know where to find one, plugins like YoastSEO have an option for a site map built in, all you have to do is switch it on, and it’s free!
- Have your social media links on your website. It makes it so much easier for customers to like and share your site. Google haven’t yet said that social media is a factor in their listings but with the growth of Social Media it will only be a matter of time before it’s factored in.
- Writing your Meta descriptions is fundamental, as this is the text that shows up on search listings and is the information that will sway a customer to click on your website. It needs to be short but informative, telling exactly what it is you have to offer and why someone should visit your site, again this is an option within the YoastSEO plugin.
- Content and Keywords – The main point is to write good engaging content that contains your keywords, this must relate to your business or service and cannot be a page of random text with ALL of your keywords included. Pick 2 or 3 max per page, usually 1 or 2 on the pages main topic will be fine, and get writing that great content!
That’s all for now.